Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

"Relaxing" Sunday...Yeah, RIGHT!


Yesterday, I used my pool as my exercise platform. But not before I realized I had life sucking vines entangled all through my wall of privacy in my back yard. I yanked and pulled about the equivalent of three full wheelbarrows of vines from my juniper trees and from around my pool heater and filter before I even began sweeping and cleaning the pool! Then...I noticed that my Canadian Cherry tree had sprouts of mini trees developing in front of it and it's leaves were looking a little thin. So, I had to chop those off as well. Now, that I was drenched in sweat and filthy -it was time to finish the pool. It was sparkling clean!

My parents came over and brought my little bebe home with them (she spent the night). We all enjoyed swimming and playing volleyball in the pool. Then, my brilliant mother prompted me to clean the algae out of my pond. That led us to pulling more vines from my back deck and weeds from EVERYWHERE else! Needless to say, I honestly think I got quite the workout during my "relaxing" Sunday.

Today, I am trying Kim's suggestion with the elliptical. For 10 minutes straight, I will be rotating between 30 seconds of full-out, crazy, take myself to the limit and then the next 30 seconds recover at an even pace. I will let you know how that goes. I think I am going to die. We shall see!

Kristi

No comments: