Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Not like SLEEPING!

OK - get this....I show up for my work-out with Kim this morning and she informs me that she is drastically changing my work-out regime due to the new information obtained from Jack Grogan. Maryellen and Kim got together to discuss his findings and determined that the best course of action was to really slow down my sets. To the tune of 30 seconds on and 40 seconds off. Yup...you heard (read) me correctly....40 seconds OFF! And, the total time of my session was NOT to exceed 20 minutes! I was on the treadmill when she informed me of this recent development and I told her that it was going to be like SLEEPING!

I have to admit, however, that although it was a slower pace from exercise to exercise, I got the full feeling during each one. Knowing that I was only going for 30 seconds, I was able to get more reps in. We even worked a little on abs, and guess what.....NO FEELINGS OF WEIRDNESS all day - no headaches - no nothing!

Oh, and, I have decided to add one more day a week to my schedule. Since I will be doing this shortened thingy and less sets, I figured...might as well get as much in as I possibly can.

Until later...
K

2 comments:

jlcooper said...

I don't get it.....30 minutes on and 40 seconds off....and not to exceed 20 minutes....where does the 30 minutes come in?....maybe I have mis-read?

Kristi said...

I has been corrected!