Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

WOW! What a GREAT day! I dropped off my daughter for her second day of school and continued on to my work-out with Kim. The work-out consisted of lower body. Yup...the lower body. We used my own weight as my resistance. And let me tell you...there's enough weight there to consider it a significant amount of resistance! I had to do sets of 15 (exercises such as prison squats, reverse lunges, side bends, etc....) and then 1 minute on the treadmill at my warm-up speed. Which is approximately 3.7 mph's. Although it wasn't my typical gung-ho format...it did a nice job. I felt each exercise exactly where I should have felt it. NOTHING in the lower back region and I left with a very positive attitude!

Later in the day, I had field hockey practice with my group of middle schooler's! And...sssshhhhh.. don't tell Kim, but I did some things with them. I warmed up with them and then at the end of practice we did two 100 yard sprints down the field! I've still got it....even with this out-of-shape-right-now-body....I can represent!

Now, I feel so good, I think I will grill myself a nice salmon steak! yum yum! Will be getting up early tomorrow to do it ALL over again! Very excited!

WooHoo
Kristi

No comments: