Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Closet


This is my closet. And it has, oh, I don't know hundreds of pieces of clothing in it. Out of these hundreds of pieces of clothing...do you know how many items I can actually wear? 16! And most of those items have elastic somewhere or are t-shirts / sweatshirts.

It is actually like an itty bitty department store. There is something for everyone (just not me). I have sizes ranging from 2 - 12. If each and every one of my friends came over and splattered some un-cleanable substance on themselves, I am sure I would have something they could wear!

I have refused to buy larger...hence my inability to wear anything. I have debated several thousand times on donating the things that do not fit...But then, my closet would look like a sad barren wasteland on the outskirts of town. Lint balls blowing in the forced air breeze and all. I have been told that keeping everything is just depressing and actually adds insult to injury. Well, I used to agree with that. But now, I am going to look at it as an opportunity. An opportunity to have a new wardrobe every couple of months! AND...after I pass by a size section (meaning, I get SMALLER), that size section will be donated! With pleasure and with determination! And, with the knowledge I now have, I will never be back to that size again. Because, if I continue to do everything right, this life-style change (not diet) will create some sort of consistency and health happiness!

Kristi

3 comments:

jlcooper said...

You've got it going and that's the right attitude....don't get rid of the small, grow back into them (or shrink).....but I still want the blue, and the white Liz Clairborne blouses.....LOL

❀εmiιy❀ said...

Oh no, the blouses will be MINE..
When I grow into them, of course. But still-
MIIIINNNEE.
So there.
Anyways, great job :] I am so proud of you!

Kristi said...

my, my. I will put an end to this right now! The blouses remain mine!

And thanks for the kudos!

<3 me