Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Is it enough?

I just started thinking the other morning...am I creating a positive image for my daughter? I want to make sure that she understands the reasons behind this new passion with health and fitness. And that I am creating a positive body image. That she understands that I am doing this to increase my quality of life and not just to fit into a smaller size of jeans.

After yesterday, I think I am on the right track. We were sitting together discussing these facts and the probability of me following through with the surgery I have been putting off for years, and she said to me..."Mommy, what are you going to do when you actually know what it's like to feel good?" She said, "What I take for granted, you have probably never felt." She is so impressive and loving. I have tears in my eyes right now. And, she is absolutely right. When I feel good, others would probably feel like staying in bed. When I feel bad..."foeget about it" (in a thick New Youlk accent accompanied with 1/2 of a head nod).

I honestly think I have spent my entire life in a constant state of pain. She sees me working hard through it all and I just hope it's enough.

Have a GREAT day,
Kristi

No comments: