Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wagon? What Wagon?

Did a face plant into a vat of semi-sweet Riesling this evening and the only evidence of the wagon I was traveling on are the indentations of the wheels ahead of me. I was weak! I was an idiot! I let the eveeeil Kristi take over and had two and 1/3 glasses of wine this evening! I can't imagine why??? It was tasty but the only thing I can say now is that I know absolute regret and have feelings of utter embarrassment and disappointment in myself. Which, leads me to think that I will not let it happen again.

I went out to dinner tonight with my great friend, Kristina at the Blue Water Grill. I ordered well. I had the seared Ahi Tuna Steak with mixed vegetables and a house salad with vinaigrette dressing. If I had stopped there...all would have been well. But, I HAD to get a glass of wine. And I did. It was good. I sipped it slowly and only had the one during dinner along with 2 glasses of water.

But then...We went back to my house and I uncorked a bottle of my own after verifying to myself that it was no big deal! Amazing how the mind can twist things around to accommodate what it wants at that particular moment...and boy oh boy...did I want that wine! While I was drinking it, I kept flashing on my work-out tomorrow morning and I sprang to a sort of attention. I did dump my third glass after taking only 3 sips, but the fact remains...I WAS WEAK!

I am SO disappointed! I HAVE to catch up with that wagon! And this time, when I do, I will be strapping my arse to the seat with pretty pink duct tape and industrial strength Velcro!

Kristi

No comments: