Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

This, I vow...


SING THIS TO THE TUNE OF 9 to 5!

Jumped on the scale and my heart was pumpin'
Muscle is a-buildin' -- fat is a-dumpin'
A girl's wasteline
shrinkin' and takin' a dive....

I KNOW, I AM AN ABOSOLUTE GOOFBALL! However, I feel GREAT this morning. Well, it is morning and, okay, I don't feel GREAT-I feel alright. I now weigh 168.6 lbs. That's right...uh-huh...you know it...get your groove on! I broke the 170 bench-mark. I know it's only 2.8 lbs in two weeks and that isn't exactly plummeting, but I am under 170 and considering I wasn't as dedicated to my diet as I really want to be, 2.8 lbs is a gift. And, although it's not supposed to be all about the numbers...let's face it...it kind of is!

I am promising myself right now...I will do better over the next two weeks. I will resist when the honey mustard pretzel bits are beckoning me to have just a couple and that huge part of my brain whispers, "it's only a couple, what can it hurt?". I will say "NO!" to the Skinny Cow, because let's face it...cows are NOT skinny! I will fight my impulses to have a piece of toast with my egg over-easy. I will tell myself, that just because the only way I have ever eaten an egg over-easy is by smooshing it up and making a sandwich with my toast is NOT a good enough reason to abandon my future health. This, I vow...

Kristi

3 comments:

jlcooper said...

Wanted to check out the Wednesday weigh in.......good for you.....2.8 is better than zero, or gaining.....pick up 2.8 pounds and see really how much that is....kind of puts a little different perspective on it....keep it up.....and I read the wine thing.....you can't have a glass of wine occasionally? bummer!.....LOL

Unknown said...

What you are doing is so admirable- good for you! Keep it up... happy to share a bif veggie salad with you sometime! :-)

Kristi said...

sounds great! And thank you, Jana!