Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Pseudo Doctor

So ... I visited my "PCP" (Primary Care Physician) at the beginning of last week in order to get him to order an MRI on my lower back...I sat in the waiting room for approximately 45 minutes, was herded into the examination room and waited for another 25 minutes...Listened to my VERY LOUD doctor talk to his patients in the 2 rooms adjacent to mine and ask the same questions as if he were reading from a script. And, although the answers being given were different, he did not deviate from this script! When he entered the room I was in, he began with the SAME first question. But really, it was not a question...it was more of a statement with the end syllables raised in order to make it a pseudo question. "Drugs or Alcohol?" I asked him what he had...he wasn't amused - AND - he still did not deviate! So, after I allowed him to robotically move through his list of questions as I responded flatly with one word answers, I dove into my brain issues! I explained my migraines as they related to my back and he offered to prescribe drugs to alleviate my pain. I told him I was not interested in masking my symptoms, that I was more interested in finding the cause and elevating them! Again, he was not amused...He then offered to give me a "nerve conduction" test in order to determine the extent of nerve damage (if any at all). I explained to him that they were in NO way going to electrocute me again and that he should look through my chart because they had already done this barbaric electrical shock treatment to me 3 other times! It was apparent to both of us that I needed to get out of there. My goal for this visit was to get him to order an MRI for my lower back and I succeeded!

Stay tuned!
Kristi

No comments: