Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Okay....I have calmed down!

Sorry about my rant. But I was so frustrated! So, here is what I am going to do. I am making another appointment at the Cleveland Clinic (which I do not think will be until the end of November), AND - I am keeping my appointment with my family Dr. right in in Sylvania next week. I am still going to get a referral from him to (hopefully) the University of Michigan and go from there. Whichever appointment comes first....I am keeping!

I have my conclusion as to what I THINK my problem is. All of my issues (the headaches, the Chiari and everything that it entails) presented themselves after the birth of my daughter. And for those of you who do not know....that was an incredible ordeal. I had a FEW epidurals (NONE of which worked) leading to an emergency C-section (and a "saddle block"). All of which caused a gaping hole the size of a dime (maybe even a quarter) in my spinal cord area leaking what I consider to be, boat loads of spinal fluid! After 2 weeks of unstoppable (all too familiar now) pain and headaches, I had to return to the hospital for yet another epidural. This time of my own blood. It was to create a "patch" (or a scab, if you will) over the hole THEY created! Then I was on my merry way.

WELL...here is my philosophy....I ABSOLUTELY believe that the prolonged leakage of spinal fluid CAUSED my Chiari (proven by research). AND, I ABSOLUTELY believe that it is totally possible that the "hole" in my spinal cord area was never COMPLETELY sealed and is gradually growing with every squat, lunge and twist that my back is involved in! Now, if I can ONLY get the doctors to listen to me. I actually brought this scenario up to them in the past and it was quickly poo-pooed! OH, the protection! LISTEN...I am not looking to SUE anyone! I just want my body and brain FIXED! I do not think that is too much to ask!

Kristi

No comments: